The town of Hvannasund in the beautiful Faroe Islands has a new playground and sports court, catering for a wide age group.
10/16/2020 4:10:00 PMCase Study Details
In addition to the large UniPlay unit, there is a UniMini unit with a castle theme for the very young and a real-looking, two-metre high climbing rock.
7/31/2020 11:39:00 AMCase Study Details
This recently completed play area in Brentwood, UK, has been designed with inclusion high on the agenda. The playground has a fully accessible path and includes a broad range of imaginative and inclusive play opportunities for children of all abilities.
7/27/2020 12:12:00 PMCase Study Details
Get more inspiration from other installations all around the worldView All Case Studies
6 ways you can make a difference with our outdoor gyms
Our collaborative partnership with UK Outdoor gym leader, The Great Outdoor Gym Company (TGO), is about setting out a vision to activate the health of people and the planet. HAGS Fitness powered by TGO will create the next generation of family-friendly outdoor fitness spaces, inclusive for all generations that will inspire young and old to be more active.
Inclusive and family-friendly gyms
There are so many ways you can make a real difference and help us tackle inactivity within your community, whilst doing your bit for the environment.
Our outdoor gyms have been designed to welcome everyone - young, old, inactive, active and people with a wide range of health needs. We're also very committed to the most inclusive activation tools to inspire people to get active in ways they can enjoy and sustain long term.
Here are six ways that you can make a difference in your community with a HAGS outdoor gym.
1. You can create green energy
Our equipment captures human energy and converts it to useable electricity. With our gyms you can charge mobile phones and tablets via USB and you can also store excess energy that you create in our Energy Display Unit to then power interactive lighting on your site, giving you the opportunity to enjoy and use your fitness space for longer.
What are the key features of our Power Smart range?
- All our Power Smart pieces incentivise regular activity and reward effort - the faster your pedal or turn, the more you charge
- There are 2 x USB ports and a device holder on our unique weatherproof console, featuring LED watt meter display
- Our Power Smart Hand Bike is accessible to wheelchair users as well as able-bodied people
- Our Power Smart Recumbent Bike is brilliant for older users with its wide seat, back rest and transfer handles
- Our Energy Display Unit gives you the power to light up the space!
- Go Smart to count your gym's hits, track the energy generated and spot usage trends via our user-friendly online dashboard
COMING SOON - DECEMBER 2020
2. You can do your bit for the environment
We have made a commitment to help offset our carbon emission by planting one tree for every gym installed. In the first seven years of the partnership with the UK NHS Forest (2012 to 2019), 3,285 trees were planted; including several larger blocks of new woodland.
Who are NHS Forest?
The UK NHS Forest is a project coordinated by the Centre for Sustainable Healthcare. Funded by charitable trusts and corporate and individual sponsorship, the project’s central aims are to:
- improve the health and wellbeing of patients, staff and communities by increasing access to green spaces on or near to NHS land
- encourage greater social cohesion between NHS sites and the local communities
- spark projects that bring together professionals and volunteers to use new and existing woodland for art, food crops, reflection and exercise, and to encourage biodiversity
- highlight innovative ideas to encourage the use of gardens and other green space for therapeutic purposes
How is the plant-a-tree work carried out?
This work is carried out by:
- planting the NHS Forest
- setting up Green Health Routes
- hosting the NHS Forest Conference
- compiling an evidence base for the impact of nature on health
- supporting the development of therapeutic gardens in clinical settings
- supporting workplace wellbeing initiatives using green space
- partnering with green space and healthcare charities
3. You can track activity & energy at your gym
Our Smart gyms are the only outdoor gyms with in-built measurement tools. Every piece in our unique Power Smart range can be upgraded to include Smart technology. We can apply our Smart gym equipment to new or existing sites.
By using our Smart gyms you get to track activity and energy generation at your gym. This is great for evidencing your success and making the case to funders for additional outdoor gym areas. And, if you promote the HAGS/TGO Activate App, you'll gain further insights into demographics, wellbeing and equipment usage.
What can you do with Smart Gyms?
With our Smart gyms you can:
- collect unique, quantitative insights on your outdoor gym usage
- view the number of hits on the TGO Smart Energy equipment at your site
- see the energy generated in kilowatt hours
- view your TGO Smart gym data in an easy-to-use online dashboard
- gain further insights into demographics, activity, wellbeing, popular equipment and more if you promote the free-to-use TGO Activate App to local gym users
- communicate directly with your gym users via the TGO Activate App, posting details of activities at your TGO gym, then measuring uptake
4. You can connect with the community
The HAGS/TGO Activate app enables local people to find local TGO Gyms, discover the equipment, track their activity and connect with the community. The app also gives insights to the gym owner, including anonymised demographics, activity and wellbeing data.
Activate App features
- Find your nearest TGO Gyms - map based & list based
- Learn about your TGO Gym equipment - cardio, strength, energy, calisthenics and more
- Log and track your activity - input your minutes of movement per week to record your progress (aim for 150 minutes of physical activity per week as recommended by WHO)
- Make your TGO Gym experience more fun - scan QR codes on our equipment to log & track your workouts
- Connect socially - through sharing posts and events
- Stay informed - if your TGO Gym is activated by the site owner with activities, classes or events, you can find out what's happening or register via the app
5. You can stay safe with our antimicrobial paint
The HAGS CoatTM Antimicrobial Technology that is active in our paint finishes destroys up to 99.99% of bacteria and mould on a protected surface, offering users peace of mind that they have another layer of defence for their product.
This Antimicrobial additive comes as standard on all HAGS Fitness products and has been empirically proven to work against bacteria, mould and fungi for the expected lifetime of treated products.
We care for your safety
Working very closely with AkzoNoblel during the development of our powder coating system, our manufacturing facilities have been awarded the prestigious ‘approved applicator’ status to give all our customers additional peace of mind.
We continually test for loss of colour, coating thickness, quality of shot blasting, impact resistance, adhesion, cure profiles and accelerated life expectancy. Painted steel surfaces on HAGS Fitness products can now be protected from microbial growth and degradation.
What has it been tested on?
SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) has been categorised as a virus at biohazard level 3 and above, meaning the virus will not be available for public commercial testing at this point in the pandemic. Therefore, as with all commercial organisations, we are not able to make any specific claims, relating to this virus.
The active ingredient of our powder coating has, however, been tested with other established microbes, including:
- MRSA: was proven effective, with a reduction of 99.99% after 24 hours
- E.coli: was proven effective, with a reduction of 99.99% after 24 hours
HAGS CoatTM Plus
Additionally, you can upgrade to our highest performance powder coating specification designed to protect painted metal surfaces from microbial growth and degradation as well as enhancing corrosion resistance when installing in proximity to coastal locations.
This system exhibits exceptional resistance to the elements and has outstanding abrasion resistance, high UV stability and excellent corrosion resistance. As well as the Antimicrobial Technology mentioned above.
This three-layer powder coating solution offers a minimum 5 year warranty in C5 coastal environments, as defined in ISO 12944 and 99.99% anti-microbial protection.
6. You can take part in free fitness classes
Our Virtual Activators are robust, waterproof screens that will democratise classes and the gym experience, providing up to 4,800 gym classes per year.
They will empower communities with the best classes. The exposure to classes will be maximised as they will be on every day for free.
The content created will be tailored to a variety of audiences.
If you have questions or would like to know something about our products, you can contact us by phone, fax, email or directly on our website. If you do not know who at HAGS you should talk to, or if you would like to come in contact with a specific person at HAGS, you are welcome to call our switchboard to get connected to the right person.